Preparation1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt $
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper $
- 6 chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds), skinned $
- 1 cup chopped onion $
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeño peppers and spices, undrained $
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained $
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained $
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream $
- Combine cumin, salt, and pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
- Place chicken in an electric slow cooker; stir in onion, tomatoes, and chiles. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting for 3 hours. Stir in beans. Cover; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
- Place 1 chicken thigh in each of 6 soup bowls; ladle 1 1/4 cups stew into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 teaspoons cilantro and 2 teaspoons sour cream.